Day 8 – 9:00pm 60min KARMA
Oh my goodness. I don’t even know what to say about this Karma class. First of all I guess Way to go Clancy for keeping your yogi calm on. I’m not sure what I would have done. The vibe in the room was not the high energy that I was looking fwd to it was awkward.. really really awkward. There was a guy in the room not following Clancy’s instructions at all, doing something not even close to the Moksha series. On the floor when we were standing, moving around while the rest were trying to balance, JUMPING in his “dancers” pose!!! The poor girls right behind him ending up laughing the majority of the class… over all just super distracting. Thank goodness for the floor series, I could focus more on my practice since I couldn’t see him anymore.
Day 9 – Staff Meeting Moksha by Leslee
My first staff meeting and it was so much fun! I wish my office job did a little yoga before we met. Phil was around with his camera and got some really nice pictures of the class ( and some not so nice ones of runner lunge but.. yuck) and It made me want to have a personal photographer with me at all times! I am such a picture fanatic and realized that I haven’t really taken any pictures with my new yoga “family”. I want/need some! Erica and I were talking last week about setting up a get together and having a challenger photoshoot one night which I think would be insane amounts of fun! (Great for facebook profile pics too lol) SO I might have to get on planning that…
Day 10 – 6:00pm 60min Moksha
I’m not sure how people can have just one favorite teacher and not want to go to someone else’s class I love everyone! Each teacher brings something different to the table, I feel like I would be missing out if I didn’t take advantage of each teacher! Ryann tonight was great, just a regular 60min Moksha but I felt like my but was getting kicked! I sweat more than I have maybe ever, so of course it was the day I didn’t bring a towel. The warrior series is soo hard when you are slipping and sliding around. Down dog is almost impossible too, I’m so worried about face planting when my hands are slippery, but I made it through with Mika beside me and Lisa and Ella in the room too. Go team :)
Day 11 – 9:00pm 60min Hot Hatha
Ahh I’m so glad Robyn’s back. Awesome class even though I had a killer headache from start to finish. Seems Mondays really aren’t a good day for me. Thanks to Kam and Melissa we figured it was probably because of the lights shineing right at me (plus staring at a computer screen all day sucks) and they helped me move them. In today’s class I learned that I need to work on my pec muscles more (Marc what do you suggest?) since my shoulder pops in and out, poor Robyn came to adjust me and my shoulder made horrible noises luckily it didn’t hurt.
Day 12 – 8:30pm 60min Yin
My very first Yin class and I loved it! It was a challenge to stay in my practice, holding the poses for so long the mind has a lot of chances to wonder, plus I brought my boyfriend to his first yoga class ever, so I was worried about how he was doing hoping he liked it etc. I have never been so nervous/anxious for a class… luckily Sherri was there reminding us to focus on our breathe, 4 point breathe… inhale pause exhale pause. It really helped. Turns out my boyfriend will not be a yogi with me, he can appreciate that a class would be relaxing but didn’t fall in love like I did. :(
Okay so I know it’s not quite the end of week 2 yet but it seems like it just flew by! I’m going to try for the 6am tomorrow and then I’m away for the weekend. I’m going snowboarding for the very first time ever and I’m super excited. I’m a little bummed that I’ll be missing classes already in the challenge, I really did want to practice every day… maybe I can convince my friend to wake up and do a little yoga first. I don’t think there is a yoga studio in Walhalla, North Dakota… I don’t even think there is a mall lol! Should be good times though. Big shout outs to Ali for taking my shift Friday night :) I’ll be taking her 60min Moksha tonight too.
Happy Day 13 Everyone!

I love your blog! Awesome, I am going to read it all the time! And I am so excited to read about the photoshoot possibly in the works, what a great idea!! Take care and see ya soon!
ReplyDelete--Lisa