Thursday, February 11, 2010

Doubles and Miss

Day 40 – 5:00pm 60min Flow 2

Always a super fun class filled with the regulars :) I’ve finally found the sweet spot to get into crow which I am uber excited about!! I’ve been doing crow everywhere and all the time now. I also started to do headstand, which I thought would never happen since my head is funny shaped but Nena had us put our hands on the ground instead of our forearms and I found it much much much easier! Overall an awesome class and loved staying behind and chatting with Kam and Lisa…

Day 41 – 7:30pm 60min Hot Flow and 9:00pm 60min Hot Hatha

A Robyn double… so nice. I had trouble with Hot Flow not so much physically it was an awesome class stretching those Quads (which I need since that’s what I tore last summer) but I had put a mat down before class started and went back out to change and chat for a bit.. when I walked in for class my mat was gone.. and being a full class there were no spots for me. I was so mad! Luckily some girls moved and made room for me and pointed to a lady in front of us (who of course is someone who gives us desk staffers a hard time always) and told me she had rolled her mat just right on top of mine… I COULD SEE MY MAT UNDER HERS! I couldn’t believe it, I’m sure she could feel my death stares I had such a hard time just letting go. Plus to add to that the girl directly in front of me (Another lady that has given me a hard time at the desk) was positioned so far to the back of her mat that she almost kicked me in every pose, and I’m positive she didn’t know how to do a vinyasa. I’m glad I stayed for Hatha because I had a much better second class mentally. Plus I got to practice with Erica :) My hips were soooo open after the 2 classes it was crazy they felt like jelly. Erica even commented on how open they were.. no ego or anything but my Cobblers is amazing haha Unfortunately living here in this horrible climate I could feel all my muscles constricting before I even got to my car.

Day 42 – NO CLASS

I know the day isn’t over yet but I meant to get to the 6am class and that didn’t happen, and now I work at the office all day and the studio all night (and there is Yin so I can’t take the last class) Maybe I'll home practice, I'll keep you updated but its a good thing I doubled up yesterday.. so I'm still only 5 classes behind!

Just one more random point.. I think I have been doing too many runner lunges.. I seem to have broken blood vessels along my right hip crease. Not sure exactly when or how or why but I wonder if I’m doing something wrong…

No comments:

Post a Comment