Tuesday, February 9, 2010

No More Resistance to Good Things!!

Day 37 – 9:30am 90min Ashtanga

Great class.. my first 90min practice of the challenge actually… I’m glad I could talk Lisa into coming with me :) I love how many more postures you get to see with the extra ½ hour.

Day 38 – 6:00pm 60min Hot Hatha

Sherri has the most relaxing voice I think we all decided.. Might have fallen asleep for a minute at the end luckily woke up when everyone said Namaste since I had to get up and close the studio. Loved practicing beside Mika, and although we didn’t hold hands in Savasana we did giggle a bit at my embarrassingly loud hip cracks. Good Times

Day 39 – 9:00pm 60min Hot Hatha

Robyn’s Hatha is still my fav way to end a weeknight. I really need to work on strength(Says Leslee) now over flexibility My joints are cracking and popping like Crazy… not sure where to go from here on this but it’s something I need to work on.

I’ve started to get emails from the Yoga Journal and here is the link they sent me today about resistance…

http://www.yogajournal.com/wisdom/2516?utm_source=Wisdom&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=wis144

It’s kind of long (and I'm sorry the link doesn't work) so here’s a quick quote…

“The subtle tendency to hold back from anything that changes the balance in our lives. We don't just resist something unpleasant, like working with a difficult health issue or recognizing the need to leave a job. We often have a strange resistance to, say, getting a massage or opening fully to a friend or lover, or, especially, allowing an emerging state of inner expansion—even when we sense that we're cutting ourselves off from something great.”

Story of my LIFE! ha-ha

So I’ve signed up for the week of 6am mindfulness meditation classes with Phil this month.. I’m very excited for what I will learn and how it will affect my state of mind… and I think I’m going to try and start a meditation practice challenge at home as well starting in April.. Why not till April do you ask? Cause that’s when I get to QUIT MY JOB!!! HOORAY! I am sooo excited I can’t wait! I’m slowly getting everything together and deleting things off of the office computer… I am so excited to just be working full time at the Yoga studio, it’s going to be hard I’m sure, financially especially (Since I’m going back to school then too) but I’m just going to be so much happier and I’m hoping I will feel like I have more time for myself. Like now if I wasn’t able to take the last class of the night when I’m working the desk I would be so far behind in this challenge it wouldn’t even be funny!!

So lots of big changes (good I hope) are coming up for me and I’m looking forward to it :)

1 comment:

  1. If I were a wise, old guru I would say that you my dear, are manifesting prosperity and happiness in your life. You're making it happen! Yay Jessica! :)

    ReplyDelete